Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I remember When: Picture pages

I remember when:

Knowing was 1/2 the battle
Jem was Outrageous
Electric company had Bill Cosby and Picture Pages



Breakin' was that Shit with Ozone and Turbo
And at Bayside High fell in love with Lisa Turtle

You didn't shake Laffy Taffy, you'd stretch and eat
Superfriends had the Wonder twins and their Monkey gleek



Ed Lover, Dr. Dre, Dee on Pump it up
Rap City had Chris Thomas, Big Lez was thick as fuk

Changed out of our school clothes so we could go and play
kick ball and red light green light all fukn day

That was summer break, wake up rockin under roos
I had spider man, socks was always red or blue

Easy reader was on played by Morgan Freeman
Saturday Night main event, We watched Bobby Heenan

WWF before they dropped the F and added E
Ric Flair and Hogan was young they had Mr T

A team was pumpin, TV it was good as shit
Remember Knight Rider? Man, K.I.T was slick as shit

School house rock, taught me conjunctions
Chocolate milk banging beats on tables during lunch and

Readin rainbow, 3-2-1 Contact
Mr. Wizard, And my shit was on Nick "you can't do that

On Television", say I don't know and get slimed


Big Daddy Kane and Rakim had the best rhymes

Everybody wanted a Beat it Jacket and Michaels curl
New Edition had bobby brown they made Candy Girl

Moms and her sisters would blast Marvin Gaye
Happy meals came in spaceships, got Crowns from BK

Girls had Easy bake ovens, and Snoopy Sno cones
I had Pork n Beans and hot dogs like Yo! GI Joe's on



Remember when they thought Snakeyes was a Traitor!
Got detention at school for playing football with paper

With a beat box you could rhyme and never need a hook
Girls wrote about the guys they liked and made a slam book

Those were Trapper Keeper Days
The Klan made Troop Sneaker phase
Two finger gold rings, flat tops and Gumby fades

When Punky brewster was out, I had a crush on Cherie


Perfect Strangers came on with Balki and Cousin Larry

8:00 thursday
Cosby show was good as hell
Theo rocked the Black and Gold Gordon Gartrell



Cuz Denise made it, man that's when she was extra hot
Then she made Angel Hart Bill saw it and she was dropped

Plus A different World? That's what put me at Grambling
Philly got Randal Cunningham, The king of Scrambling

We were gambling, at lunch for dollars playin Tunk
All the rappers did St. Ides commercial they was gettin drunk

4 comments:

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

Yep, I remember when.

Good times...great post.

Ms. Mil said...

I DO... Those so great days! I wanted to meet those damn Huxtables so bad. LOL!!!!

Angel said...

sigh...the good old days...

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

I miss it, and remember Care bears, my Strawberry Shortcake lunch pale, Transformers, when I thought I HAD to HAVE Cross Colors and a Cabbage Patch Doll, and when I wanted to go to college cause it looked like Dwayne, Whitley & the gang were sooooo cool... *sigh*