Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Opposite of Mikey


Someone asked " Exactly what do you mean by being a picky eater?"


well....


One of my "Reasons I'm single" was that I'm a picky eater. Some women think that this is a terrible thing since it limits where we can go out to eat...or changes the spontaneity of hitting a new place to eat since I may not eat anything on the menu

I dunno...I figure


1. I'm not going out to eat every night so when WE go together it's more than likely there's something at the place we go to that I'll like...and if not I'm not complaining

I know people don't like to have people sit there while they eat...but I'll drink :)


2. So what? It's just dinner...eat what you want...it's more for you LOL


ANYWAY I don't think you my most favoritest people ever truly get the depth to my "Pickiness" goes so here's a quick look:

(Disclaimer: It's bad...real bad...I'm such a little kid)


Let's break this up into 3 phases: Things I've never eaten, Things I won't eat, and things that are just weird/just stupid


Things I've never eaten (Never had...never tasted)


Big Mac

Whopper

Fillet-O-Fish

Grilled Cheese

Lasagna

Potato Salad

Cole Slaw

Potato Salad

Calamari

Cheesesteak


…I’ve had Spam though!


Things I won’t eat


Sandwiches (Not a fan of bread)

Pork (Cept Pepperoni...and starting to not eat that)

Cheeseburgers

Buffalo wings (LOVE Chicken...hate the sauce)

Any food other than American

Meaning I don’t eat, Chinese, Japanese, Gyanese, Greek, Ethiopian, Indian, Mexican

(I do love hard shell tacos though...heard that doesn't count as Mexican lol)

Guess you can add I don't eat Italian I don't eat Lasagna but I LOVE spaghetti

Macaroni and Cheese

Salad and Salad dressing

Stuffing/Dressing

Yogurt

Meatloaf (I use to eat/like it...now I don’t wanna)

Community food (i.e. food a co worker brings in)**

**My office had a Pot Luck meal

(Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Greens, Pie, Tater Salad, Casseroles, etc.)

...I went to Wendy's

Anything with Mayonnaise, Cream cheese, Coconut,

Sushi


Jello


My Steak has to be 'butterflied'


...and I dont eat Gumbo

Things that are just weird/Just stupid


I don't like cheese...only eat it on Pizza and Tacos


HOWEVER,


When I order a pizza I always get extra cheese ...just stupid.


I'll often not eat something based on presentation and/or smell


I hate Sandwiches, don't eat bread (Never purchased a loaf) but I'll go to TOWN on a Popeye’s Biscuit!

…and ESPECIALLY my Grandmothers!


Some things I would eat until I remember what's in them like:

Egg nog, Cheesecake, French toast


The Only seafood I eat: Fried fish, Crab legs, and fried shrimp

The only condiments I eat are Catsup and BBQ sauce.

I don't like my foods to touch each other; I just as well rather put my food on different plates (I never do that I’m just sayin)


Love Rice

Love Beans


Favorite Veggies are:

Green Beans

Greens

Sweet Potatoes

String Beans

Cucumbers

Tomatoes (FRIED GREEN TOMATOES ARE MY ISH)

Corn

Potatoes

Celery

Lettuce (on a Taco)

Bell Peppers


Makes my Thanksgivings interesting, no?

…no matter, not going home this year.


5 comments:

Bodies By Joice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bodies By Joice said...

Wow!

Well we aint ever gonna go out to eat

You really need to venture out a little.

Robyn.K.Y said...

HEY
IM A PICKY EATER AND ITS OK
COME TO CHINA AND YOULL UNDERSTAND>
LOL

ANGELINA said...

haha! you don't like cheese, but you eat pizza with extra cheese? i can't laugh though...i do the same thing! i thought i was picky until i read your list. generally i don't eat anything with eggs, cheese or butter in it. i love vegetables though.

JustB said...

Thanks! I like your blog too. I usually go to Busboys and Poets by myself b/c I don't have any friends that like poetry like that, so it's definitely a place you can hang out on your own. Alot of people attend open mic so I usually make some new friends. You ever been to Pure on Mondays?

Being a picky eater is limiting but not a deal breaker, Although when people tell me they won't eat something and they have never tried it, I tend to think they are close-minded. Have you always been that way?